SChluechthaus hollerech

Article by

Move

CRITERIA

street art, youth culture

Image

The slaughterhouse in Hollerich opened its doors back in 1928 and for 70 years, cows and pigs were slaughtered within its walls. After that, the building was left empty for quite some time and only in 2012, the premises were used as an indoor skatepark. The distinguished aesthetics of the place are due to the numerous artists that are legally allowed to spray the walls with their graffiti works of art. The singular graffiti landscape offers a complete change of scenery that lends a feeling of total escape.

MORE FREE TIME IDEAS

Klouschtergaart

Cloister garden used by the municipality to preserve biodiversity